International Association of
Assistance Dog Partners
IAADP Membership Benefits
Benefits for All Members
- “Partners Forum,” a publication honored for excellence by the Dog Writers Association of America, fosters a global information sharing and advocacy network, linking together more than 300 assistance dog providers and thousands of assistance dog teams on five continents.
- International Help-line for partners, programs and others with questions on assistance dog issues.
- Advocacy work by the IAADP Board and membership on behalf of the assistance dog movement.
- IAADP Workshops
- New member packet appropriate to membership category.
Additional Benefits for Partner Members in the USA:
To be eligible for Partner benefits, you must be a person with a disability:
- Working with a trained adult guide, hearing or service dog from a Provider; or
- Working with a guide, hearing or service dog, owner-trained to perform tasks mitigating the Partner’s disability. Training must be at least six months (120 hours) of schooling on obedience, manners and Tasks in accordance with IAADP Minimum Training Standards for Public Access prior to enrollment.
For those working with more than one assistance dog, IAADPs agreement with corporate sponsors makes Partner members eligible for benefits for only one dog annually.
Some benefits have a link to a secondary webpage which will give you important information about how to obtain that IAADP benefit and provide information for your veterinarian as well.
- Free Cosequin, Dasuquin, Welactin and/or Denosyl from Nutramax Laboratories FREE Nutramax products
- Free K9 Advantix II from Bayer HealthCare LLC Click here for more information
- Pet Assure – 25% discount off medical services at participating veterinarians and other benefits for your assistance dog plus all other pets in the home, too, if you join for $59 per year, which is a huge discount over their normal family plan fee. See article for more details! Click here for information.
- 10% fee discount at Veterinary Centers of America (VCA) hospitals. [link to VCA website] The IAADP currently encloses a VCA fee discount card in each new member and renewal packet. However, those who take advantage of the “Renew for 2 Years, Get Your 3rd Year Free” offer must assume responsibility for obtaining discount cards in the second and third years of membership, by sending the IAADP Membership Coordinator a self-addressed, stamped envelope with a note requesting the discount card(s) in November. Veterinary Centers of America - 10% Discount
- 10% discount on Rabies Titer Test processed by the Kansas State University Laboratory Rabies Titer Test - 10% discount
- 20% Discount on The Raspberry Field products
- Free Avid Microchip Click here for AVID article.
- Free Enrollment in PETtrac details in AVID Microchip article.
- Free enrollment in AKC Companion Animal Recovery Program Details in AKC animal recovery article.
- Big discount on the purchase of Muttluks dog boots (shipping not included) Muttluks Information.
- A grant of financial aid may be available in the USA when a member’s veterinarian applies on behalf of a client for an assistance dog requiring veterinary care for a major veterinary problem beyond the partner’s ability to pay, if the case meets the criteria listed. See guidelines on IAADP’s Veterinary Care Partnership (VCP) Program for details Veterinary Care Partnership (VCP) program.
Some benefits are also available in Canada. Partner members in other countries are encouraged to contact companies in their geographic region to establish partnerships similar to those in the USA and Canada. The goal is to decrease the financial burden assumed by those seeking partnership with guide, hearing and service dogs.
- CANADIAN BENEFITS:
- Countries outside of North America
THESE BENEFITS ARE NOT FOR PETS, PUPPIES, DOGS IN TRAINING OR RETIRED WORKING DOGS.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please understand that IAADP cannot guarantee the availability of any benefit. We recognize that the gift-giving policies of any corporation are subject to change. Also, adjustments to a delivery system, a change to the phone number or a contact person may be required from time to time. It will take time to update members through the website benefits section and/or the newsletter. Contact IAADP at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com or call 888-54-IAADP (888-544-2237) if you have any questions and do not find the information you seek in the article for each benefit in this Benefits section.
- For answers to any benefits questions, PLEASE DO NOT contact any sponsor. Contact IAADP’s Membership Coordinator by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. To continue receiving benefits, IAADP must have current information. If you change address, phone number or e-mail address, please register changes with the Membership Coordinator at email@example.com.
- In order to obtain benefits for your successor dog, contact our Membership Coordinator. You will need to supply information such as the name, breed and birth date of the successor dog at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please remember that all benefits must be obtained through your veterinarian, with the exception of the Muttluks discount and The Raspberry Field discount.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT OUR SPONSORS DIRECTLY OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR ELIGIBILITY TO REMAIN AN IAADP MEMBER.
If you would to express your thanks to our sponsors, please send an email to email@example.com